BARTON ON WHY BARKLEY STAYED AT EVERTON

Joey Barton has offered a unique insight into why Ross Barkley’s proposed move to Chelsea on transfer deadline day fell through.


Everton midfielder Barkley had agreed personal terms with the Premier League champions after the Goodison club had agreed to a £35m price tag for the 23-year-old.

However, Barkley then changed his mind and returned to Merseyside from London with the deal not completed.

And the midfielder took to social media over the weekend to clarify that he had not been through a medical with the Stamford Bridge club.

Barkley tweeted: “Contrary to a number of reports in the press, I did not undertake a medical with any club at any point.

“I simply decided that due to my injury, it would be best to make a decision on my future and assess all my options in January when fully fit.

“Thanks for all of the support.”

However, Barton has now gone on record to suggest that Chelsea boss Antonio Conte may have indirectly had a part to play by turning his phone off on the day when many managers are getting calls galore.

Barton, who is currently serving an 18-month FA ban and is working as a radio pundit, told Talksport on Monday morning that Barkley was trying to reach Conte on his phone to say ‘look, where am I going to play’ but Conte had already turned his phone off. He believes that is why Barkley got cold feet and never signed for Chelsea.

Tottenham have long been linked with the 23-year-old and he seems a good fit for Mauricio Pochettino’s young side.

He could also be available for a cheaper fee with just six months remaining on his contract, although Everton will not want to be fleeced after missing out on £35million just a few days ago.

BARTON TAKES TO RADIO WHILE SERVING BAN

Controversial midfielder Joey Barton is serving a 13-month ban for his breach of FA betting rules.


The player has decided to switch to the pitch for the radio studio as he joins Ray Parlour and Adrian Durham at talkSport on Matchday Live.

The 34-year old has played for Manchester City, Newcastle United and Queen Park Rangers. He says he is excited to move in this direction.

“I’m really looking forward to the new football season. Having listened to talkSPORT for many years, and given that I can’t be on the pitch, being part of the biggest sports radio station every week is certainly the next best thing. Tune in for honest, no-nonsense punditry on Monday nights and Saturday afternoons.”

From August 12, the football star would take to punditry as he serves his 13 month ban. The National Controller for the radio station Liam Fisher said that the team had to extend their squad as there are over 500 live games they would cover that would culminate into the 2018 World Cup.

He adds: “Joey is a superb pundit and never afraid to voice his opinions, so we’re looking forward to him becoming part of our fantastic team.”

After just eight games with Rangers, Barton’s deal was terminated. The player opted to play in the Scottish Premiership after helping Burnley released him at the end of the season when he banned by the FA. He helped the Clarets avoid relegation in his second spell at the club. He played 18 games and scored a crucial goal against the Saints at Turf Moor.

Recently, Barton was disappointed that he was not allowed to play a charity game for the Grenfell Tower disaster victims. He offered to feature at the Sept. 2 Loftus Road stadium affairbut he was banned from appearing, which made him blast the FA.

JOEY BARTON EXITS BURNLEY, OFFICIALLY

Premier League sides have confirmed players that they want to retain going forward.


Several big names have been excluded like John Terry, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Gael Clichy, and Joey Barton. Barton exits Burnley officially after being banned from football for 18 months for his gambling offences.

Arsenal released YayaSanogo. The French flop made only 20 appearances for the club since his move from Auxerre in 2013. The player was mostly injured and his loan deal did not add much to him. The striker scored just a goal since his move but he would be available for free after being released from his contract. The Emirates also released Kristopher Da Graca and Stefan O’Connor.

Everton also released ArounaKone. The striker scored 10 goals in 62 games but he would no longer remain at Goodison Park. In the same manner, Southampton released Uruguayan Martin Caceres. The player joined in February as a free agent but after just one goal, the Saints decide to release him.

More Premier League sides move to cut their losses after the season ended. Former Arsenal man Mathieu Flamini, Jonathan Benteke – brother of former Liverpool star Christian, Joe Ledley, and Fraizer Campbell were among the players Crystal Palace released. Others include Randell Williams, Ben Wynter, Ryan King-Elliott, Luke Croll, Zeki Fryers, Corie Andrews and KwesiAppiah.
Burnley will try to succeed without Barton, releasing Richard Pingling, TaofiqOlomowewe, Christian Hill, Michael Kighly and George Green as well.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic seems to be the only player United released as the club search for his replacement. The club is under pressure to turn their huge spending into titles so they preferred to cut ties with the Swede superstar who is injured, old and takes a big pay check.

Joey Barton will continue performing despite his illegal gambling activities

Burnley’s Joey Barton has already pleaded guilty from the accusations that were being launched towards him in relation to making over 1,000 football bets which were made in the span of over 10 years.


Players that perform in the top 8 tiers of English football are not allowed to do anything related to gambling or bets involving the sport and this type of things can lead to significant suspensions.

Andros Townsend of Crystal Palace was recently hit with a 4 month ban as he had broken the rules back on June of 2013 and these illegal actions of Townsend has forced him to miss out for a significant amount of matches for his club, Crystal Palace.

Fortunately for Joey Barton, it looks like he will still be able to play for Burnley as the suspension of Barton has been postponed.

In order for the suspension to be officially given to Joey Barton, a hearing was scheduled to take place on March 8 but this meeting was cancelled as the FA Chief Investigator was ill. The Football Association (FA) still has not officially announced when the new hearing is going to take place and this means that Joey Barton can continue performing for Burnley maybe even until the end of the season on May 21st which is the last league game of Burnley as they face off with West Ham United.

Joey Barton is a regular starter for Sean Dyche as the 34 year old English midfielder has turned into a fairly influential player in Burnley and taking into the consideration the fact that the English League Championship is reaching it’s final stages with less than 10 league matches remaining, it’s a crucial period of time for Sean Dyche and his squad as they are fighting to survive and avoid the bottom relegation zone.

BARTON REWARDS BURNLEY WITH GOAL AGAINST SOUTHAMPTON

Burnley took a huge gamble with Joey Barton when they signed him despite his numerous issues with etiquette.


Sean Dyche took yet another gamble when he decided to introduce the player in the must-win match against the Saints. The former Rangers midfielder however paid the gamble on him by scoring a brilliant goal late into the game to win the match for the team.

The 34-year old proved critics wrong as he could really help the side this term as they seek to remain in the insanely competitive Premier League beyond May.

The spectacular thing about the goal was that Barton came on five minutes earlier despite not featuring in top flight English football for almost two years.

The player had allegations of betting hanging around him as he had the FA to face yet the club agreed to give him an opportunity after his ill-fated Ibrox spell. He played a key role when Burnley won the English Championship last year but opted not to follow them to the top flight, opting to play for Rangers. However his time there was nothing to write home about.

He played in the clash with Sunderland in the FA Cup last week but was given the chance to take the kick despite only coming on. Barton took the kick from 25 yards out, sending the shot low to deceive goalkeeper Fraser Forster.

Dyche took time to extol the player especially after all he has faced. No club was ready to take him in after his issues but the club did and the fans still loved him.

Southampton were pained by the loss. Manager Claude Puel articulated the feeling when he said: “It was just one free kick, a strange free kick to win the game. It’s a big disappointment.”

Barton has no regret

Former Rangers player Joey Barton said he has no regret for having an unsuccessful spell at Rangers.


The player was banned by the club for disciplinary issues and had his contract terminated because of a gambling issue with the Scottish Football Association.

However, Joey Barton said that he has no regret to have played for Rangers even if it was for a short period. He stated that Rangers is a big club and that there was no way that he could have refused to play for them.

Joey Barton said that Rangers is a massive club and that it could become one of the greatest in Europe if they managed it properly. He said that as a player he has never played for one of the big clubs in Europe, and this is why he could not refuse to play for Rangers.

He admitted that he is disappointed with the way things have gone and he would have hope to play more games for the club. He said that there is no player in the world that would love to play only eight games for a club and he would have love to get another chance. He said that in football you never know and that he does not have any issue with the club’s board or manager.

He has also criticized the media for putting additional pressure on him. He said that the Scottish media viewed him as a sort of Messi and Ronaldo and he admitted that he does not have the talent of those players. He said that he is more of a team player and that he is not gifted to do tricks and flicks on the pitch.

He said that he has no regret however and that he is now focusing on the rest of his career.

BARTON RETURNS TO TRAINING GROUND

Following his recently ended suspension from playing with the team, Joey Barton has returned back to the Murray Park, Rangers training ground to join up in training with the other players of the club’s under-20s.


The Glasgow giants had earlier on Wednesday, confirmed that the midfielder would return to the side for full time training.

It could be recalled that a blazing row with boss, Mark Waburton and teammate Andy Halliday, led to the suspension of the former Burnley and QPR midfielder. This came after a 5-1 defeat suffered by the club on 10th September, at the hands of rivals, Celtic.

A statement issued by the club’smanagement read thus,
“Joey Barton has been told he will return to full-time training following the conclusion of a disciplinary procedure.The Auchenhowie management team will inform the player of appropriate training arrangements to which he must adhere for as long as he remains a Rangers player. Neither the Club nor the player will comment further.”

At first, the suspension was just for seven days. But with Barton’s refusal to apologize, and then going ahead to grant an unsanctioned live radio interview, it was extended to a three weeks suspension.

Barton had joined Rangers from Burnley just during summer,thereby signing atwo-yeardealinJuly,which has been reported to be worthabout£20,000aweek. This was after he had rejecteda£35,000-a-weekoffermade to him from Burnley.

Barton who had hopes of becoming the best player in Scotland, is yet to fulfill that dream as he has failed to make much of an impact after eight appearances since joining Rangers.

Sunday would see the team travel to RossCounty which is their first fixture since the recall of the Barton. However, he would not be included in the squad. Rangers are currently nine points behindCeltics in the Scottish Premiership.

Joey Barton Apologises for Bust-up with Halliday

Joey Barton has never been away from controversy throughout his career and this has not changed even after his move to Scottish football.

The former Manchester City and Newcastle United midfielder joined the Rangers on a two-year contract after leaving Burnley at the end of last season. Unsure about his chances in the starting line-up of Burnley as they were promoted to the Premier League, but then decided to take the safe route of joining Rangers who had just been promoted from the Championship. However, Barton was always going to get even more attention than at Burnley as one of the big clubs in Scotland.

This has proved to be the case after the recent mauling at the hands of arch rivals Celtic. The return of the old firm derby was met with great excitement during the weekend, but the final result proved catastrophic for Rangers and their supporters. A 5-1 loss against their arch rivals away from home meant that Rangers did not have the best of return travels. It is understood that there was a heated exchange in the Rangers dressing room after the game, and there was a war of words between Barton and Andy Halliday. Due to the choice of words, Barton has now been suspended from training until Monday.

“Some of the things I said were inappropriate and for that I apologise unreservedly.There were only words involved in the disagreement. Nevertheless, some of the words used did overstep the mark. I regret what happened and on Monday I will report for training and I will do what it takes to help the team draw a line under it so that we can get back to the task at hand. I cannot, however, apologise for caring deeply about winning and for wanting to perform better myself and for Rangers to do much better,” said Barton.

Barton believes that Rangers will improve

Joey Barton has stated that Rangers will improve after their frustrating start to the season.

Rangers are back in the top flight after spending 4 years in the lower divisions but could only manage a draw against Hamilton. Despite playing at home, Rangers were one goal down and needed a goal in the second half in order to draw level.

Rangers fans were hoping that Rangers will get off their new campaign in the start but were frustrated by a determined Hamilton side. Joey Barton admitted that the game was tough and that they had to fight in order to earn the draw. He said that Hamilton is a good side and that they stick to their game plan with a view to frustrate their opponent.

He stated that their opponents scored a great goal on a counter-attack and after that, they tried to control the game. He indicated that it was not the easy game that they expected and that Rangers had to fight hard in order to salvage a draw.

Joey Barton admitted that the fans were expecting an easy victory, but it was not the case. He said that you need to play well if you want to win, but he believes that it was not the case against Hamilton. He said that you need to fight hard if you want to get a victory, and this is what they tried to do on Saturday.

However, he believes that the team will improve after this game and believe that there is still a lot to come from Rangers. He said that the team is a relatively new one and that they are still learning to play together. He believes that the player will become better once they get accustomed and anticipates that Rangers will become a stronger team as the season goes by.

DAVID WEIR: CLUB IS NOT CHANGING JOEY BARTON

Joey Barton continues his war of words at new club Rangers.

The controversial player is yet to play for the Rangers team but the former Manchester City and Newcastle United player has been very vocal in his exchanges with Celtic captain Scott Brown.

Barton tried to cut the excitement of meeting Brendan Rodgers at Celtic Park when he said the former Liverpool coach was yet to win a single trophy. Before this he claimed he was not in the same league as Brown, sparking a response from the captain.

The player who played his youth football at Manchester joined Newcastle in 2007. He moved to Queen Park Rangers four years later then moved to France a year later on loan. He remained at the club pending his free transfer to Burnley FC. He only just agreed personal terms to join Rangers where he would play in the coming campaign.

The 33-year old midfielder has always attracted negative news but the assistant coach of Rangers David Weir says the club wouldn’t try to change him in any way. The player also had a go at the former coaches of the Three Lions in Roy Hodgson and Gary Neville, based on the disastrous campaign of the English team at the tournament in France. Weir insisted that the club knew what they were getting when they signed him.

Weir says that any attempt from the club to curb his confrontational manner could spell badly for the club as his potency could be reduced. He said: “I think all that stuff comes with the territory with Joey. We are not going to change him and I don’t think we want to change him.”

He added that the club had done its homework and knew how to get the best out of him. He added that the player was the best player in the English Championship in the last season and the club needs him to help them become successful.